Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fridged Friendly ride.

Yesterday I embarked on a group friend bike ride to the top of step toe butte. It was freezing cold, and it was about 20+ miles. The midway portion was a sweet climb to the top of the butte (about 2 or so miles) I forgot to set my computer...
It was very COLD!!! Especially coming down off the butte. My calves were cramping from the cold and I thought my nose was goign to freeze off. It was a beautiful ride, but I was COLD! My toes took a few hours to thaw post ride.
Overall It was a lot of fun. I was so happy to be out on the bike.
I have sworn April a no-running month in an attempt to re-hap my hip. It is incredibly hard to not run. I feel so out of shape. So this ride was like a breath of fresh freezing air.
WE did the ride for Andy's birthday, and Rick was the smart one who stayed back at teh house to be with the kids. They had a good time roasting marshmallows my the fire and taking a hike to the nearby river.
Overall it was a fun get-together.
I am hoping to try to get out on my bike a bit more. Spinning is great but it really isn't much of a match to true out-door riding.

Sadly I took no pictures of the event so you can just picture in your mind some rolling wheat fields that are begining to turn green, a good solid breeze, and snow flakes to top the cake.
Delightful!

No comments: