Sunday, May 17, 2009

My boy turned 7...

I'm still processing the idea of it...Man he is/was such a cute boy!!!! I planned to blog pictures of his seven years and I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. Soon to come will be O' pics and pics of our birthday weekend festivities...
Note on said festivities...Being bumped from your hotel of choice (that would have included TWO queen sized beds and a baby bed, with park yourself and load your own bags which totally feels comfortable to our family of five)...to a fancy-shmansy hotel with obligated valet' parking (where you have to call to get your car each time you want to leave the hotel) ONE king sized bed, a roll away bed and baby crib, no bathtub, just a fancy shower and super nice furnishings isn't exactly my idea of a good trade.
I'm pretty sure they didn't intend those fancy drinking glasses to be used as lucky charm cereal bowls...
I say give me the familiest friendly hotel, with a family friendly pool, continental breakfast, comfy beds that are nice a clean (preferably TWO queen sized beds), with the easiest convience of getting in and out as quickly as possible my idea of a good hotel...call me crazy!
Maybe if I were on a getaway with the hubby it would be a nice exchange ...but when all we have packed is runningshoes/casual attire (meaning shorts and tee shirts) and multiple children to find a cozy, yet not too close sleeping quarters...fancy shmansy is not my idea of comfortable. Especially when it is my child who decided to run down the hallway yelling and laughing...
Oh well...I'm sure the bellboys had a good laugh.

3 comments:

Suzie-Q said...

I don't think I would like that trade either, I totally agree with you about wanting the first choice!
Why don't they have bathtubs? I just don't think it makes any sense. don't regular people want to relax sometimes. and we all know that baths are way easier for the kids.

Can't wait to hear about all the fun stuff that you guys did for O's birthday!

Happy Birthday O Man!!

Maren and Blake said...

I am interested to find out where you guys went. Couldn't you tell them "no thanks for the bump. I just had one of those and she prefers 2 bed."

Oscar is such a good boy. You guys have done an amazing job raising him. His pictures are so cute too.

Jen said...

happy birthday oscar!!! i can't believe he's 7. amazing.

where did you go?!?! and i agree- the lower key the better with kids. and bathtubs. bathtubs are a NECESSITY if there are little ones!