Tuesday, June 26, 2007

ADDICTION!!

My name is Collette and I have an addiction!

Besides my addiction to chocolate, which I try to curb with my yearly lent diets (no junk-food diets), I recently am undergoing another addiction withdrawal. RUNNING!!!
After careful consideration and consultation with my three PT's (dad-in-law, Andrea, and Shane) and one Orthopedic surgeon (Travis (Andrea's hubby))...we came to the conclusion that this week MUST be a rest week of no running. I can still maintain the same level of intensity, but just in a different, non-impact way. But no running. Ugh!
During my phone consultations with said "experts", Travis informed me that indeed we can develop a dependency on running....(not that I'm surprised! I truly am a better mom after a nice long run) He said I was going to have a hard time NOT running.
Yes he is right! Today even though I did a bit of spinning and elliptical workouts I still find myself in withdrawal!
What makes it worse is that today my ankle is feeling pretty good and makes me think..."OK, now how about that 5mi run"...to which I am resigned to say "no-sorry even though the ankle feels a bit better, it needs more time!"
I even had dreams about running last night!
This is like confessions of a drug addict!

5 comments:

ow said...

I think you should try a short run with either the orthotics or the Brooks. Supporting the pronating ankle should give the needed relief. Or, maybe a week off the ankle is a good idea.

Abby Norman said...

hmmm....
The same thing has happened to me about swimming. I'm Natalie, and I have a swimming addiction.
It's especially hard in the afternoons, because that's when I coach. I have to watch my friends work out and have fun in the cool water, while I'm coaching the snotty kids who won't listen to me in the sweltering heat...

Tanner's Tales said...

I love how I feel after a run, and even during the run. I don't know why it is still so hard for me to get out of bed and go! My day goes much better when I do go. And if I don't get up early enough, then I have to take the stroller, which is just another excuse to do it tomorrow.

Tanner's Tales said...

p.s. I hope your ankle gets better!

Traci said...

Hey, I don't have your e-mail so drop me a line with it. Mine is www.tbinct.hotmail.com