Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1.5

Today my PT helped me fix some of the discomfort from my weekend...She thinks that it was more likely the sitting on the hard floor for an extended period of time, rather than the 2 mile run! So, she said I could do 1.5 miles today to see how it goes.
Truthfully it went really well. Plugged in my Ipod and tried not to think about my hip. My PT encouraged me to try not to think about it unless it was really hurting. She thinks that I probably change my gait when I am paying attention too much.
So, for 1.5 miles on my treadmill listening to some of my favorite music I even got some goosebumps at the joy of running again! One of my favorite running songs (i can't believe I'm admitting it) is Justin Timberlake's Sexyback (edited of course). I picked up this song before my last marathon and it really was a great song to trot along to during mile 20.
Today was no different, well except that it was only 1.5 and not 20. I like that it gets me to feel strong and has a nice steady beat that works with my favorite pace.
As of right now, 8:30pm i would have to say that the run was good and I am experienceing very little discomfort!
This is a good thing!!!

No comments: