(Me, January 2007...where did that longer hair go??)
I truly love to make new year's resolutions. I'm sure many of you already know that I like to have goals and, I loves even more so to complete them. This year however, I am finding myself with a very long list and a very little patience to put them all down. Does this mean that I am beaten before I even begin?
Here are a few of the ones at the top (that I am willing to divulge):
1. Find more balance in everyday routine stuff. Not skimping on the important stuff and eliminating the unimportant.
1b. Spend more time really playing with my kids...not being preoccupied with other thoughts and simply play in the moment.
2. Run! Run because I love it and stretch like a crazy woman so that I won't get injured again!
3. Do not accrue any other furniture re-finishing projects (I think that I can do all of them but seriously, unless I want to be a clutter collector, I must stop) until I have completed the three I currently have in the works.
4. Be Content. Be grateful for all that I have and enjoy it.
5. Be graceful and kind to others. I really shouldn't try to understand the whole picture when all I really see is the tiny sound bites of their lives.
6. Show My hubby that I really love him, more often. He does so much for our family I need to reflect my gratitude more frequently.
Well, this is it...almost. There is still the lingering: eat less junk food, exercise more efficiently, take smiley for more walks, do the laundry periodically rather than trying to do it all in one day, plant an awesome garden that will bring me loads of produce, make serious progress on our food storage and monetary stores, paint the upstairs in the house, de-clutter the downstairs dungeon closets and kiss my kids everyday. The list goes on...Truly I will try to be better this year than the last and will look for opportunities to improve.