Monday, January 14, 2008

Skii day!

Today we played hooky and took Oscar skiing. Poppy stayed with the very kind and generous Betina, and we had a fabulous day with lil'o. Here is what I saw for most of the day...two boys in front. Oscar preferred to sit with the Dad.
I suggested that we venture over to a different lift that was a bit more challenging...here is a picture before this...
Yes my friends we were very close to black diamond territory but no need to fear...we stuck with the intermediate runs. It was very cold and as you can see from the trees, the snow and wind were pretty chilly at the top. Oscar's hands got cold and I had to ski with him between my legs to quickly get down the slope. (I should note this was really the only time he didn't want to be skiing)

(I loved this picture of him all tuckered out and enjoying a warm cocoa.)
After a few minutes of warm up and some hot cocoa we asked him if he was done for the day or if he wanted to do some more runs...he said (holding the straw in his mouth)"more runs!".
The little trooper skiied his little heart out.
When he was riding on the lift later with me and he asked me "why did you make us go on the other lift?"
my response was that "I asked and you said you wanted to."
o- "You shouldn't have chosen that one, it was too cold."
(I did give him the option and he said yes!)
Later when we were finished checking in our gear and we were going to meet dad back at the car, and he was headed in the wrong direction, I said "hey this way."
To this he responded..."Mom why are you so bossy"
My response was"well, the car IS this way."
I think he was just tired, or maybe having both parents doting on him all day and letting him call all of the shots was just too much for him, and I was the scapegoat. Yes, I think I will use that as the excuse. Surely I'm not bossy ALL of the time. Only when he is headed off the cliff or in the wrong direction of the car.

10 comments:

mummy said...

wow, Oscar looks like he will be a very good skiier and hiker and bicylist and don't forget SWIMMER

Traci said...

How fun. We need to do that with Hobie!

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Jen said...

i want a ski day!!! :) how much fun!!! oscar looks like he LOVES it- so cool that he got to skip school to hang out with mom and dad on the slopes!

JoAnna said...

Hey Lettie!
I've come to the blog world... it looks like you are having lots of fun enjoying life. I hope all is going well. I might call you with some questions on how to run this gig because I am still not quite sure how to do everything.
Love Ya!
Love Jo-Bugs

Rach said...

Collette thanks for the offer of your treadmill. I want one so bad...I've been obsessing about how to get one for my very own. Knowing nothing about them I blithely thought I could just pick one up from walmart for a few hundred, but it turns out I may be wrong in that assumption. Regardless of the fact that I really have nowhere to put one I'm still hoping that I'll be able to find one that is quality that is a reasonable price for someone as poor as me. If you hear of any, let me know!

Bonnie said...

how fun! I would love to take the family skiing...but you see we have no mountains! Ok, there are some hills though-

Bonnie said...

Hey Collette! Does Verena have a blog? How about the rest of the sisters? I'd love to keep in touch with them-

JoAnna said...

Hey I would love to chat! I'll have to give you a call this week sometime. Life is a zoo!!! so it probably wont be until Friday or Saturday (Hopefully).
Well I love you and I will talk to you later.
Love
Jo-Bugs